- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Annual Conservation Awards Banquet, Soulbird: Relationships with Nature as Told Through Slides, Stories, and Songs
Friday, November 16, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
(Nature London Members and Guests Only)
Jarmo Jalava has authored or co-authored more than 140 articles on ecology and the environment, released three albums of music, and is an avid lifelong birder. For his contributions to landscape-level conservation planning in Ontario (which include Carolinian Canada Big Picture vision, ecological surveys of the Niagara Escarpment and the Eastern Georgian Bay Coast, and Alvars of the Bruce Peninsula), Jarmo received Ontario Nature’s Steve Hounsell Greenway Award in 2013. In this multimedia presentation, Jarmo will explore perspectives gained working and travelling as an ecologist and naturalist in a range of cultures and settings across Ontario and around the world.
The Banquet will be held at Greenhills Golf & Country Club, 4838 Colonel Talbot Rd, Lambeth. A social hour from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. will be followed by dinner. The meal will be a served turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Tickets are $37.50 and must be purchased by November 6th from Gail McNeil, Membership Secretary (519-686-0160). Tickets may be ordered using your Nature London Membership Renewal Form or visit www.naturelondon.ca to order on-line. When ordering your tickets please indicate if you want a vegetarian meal or if you have other dietary requirements.
Please let Deb Gorman-Smith, Banquet Coordinator (519-690-0181), know if you have an item or two to donate for the Bucket Raffle or Silent Auction.