- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
From the Perspective of a Geographer : Indigenous Health and the Environment
Friday, October 19 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Chantelle Richmond, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Health and the Environment with the Department of Geography at Western University, will talk about the connections between Indigenous health and the environment in Southwestern Ontario. As a health geographer, Chantelle’s teaching and research sit at the interface of Indigenous health and the environment. This discipline seeks to answer one really big question: “How is the health of Indigenous peoples bolstered or affected by features of the natural environment?” In her talk, Chantelle will explore some of the complexities that underlie this question, as well as some of the hard truths.