- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Long Point Biosphere Bus Tour
Sunday, September 30 @ 6:30 am - 5:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: THE TRIP IS NOW FULL!!!
To be added to the waiting list, please contact Judy Coates at 519-377-7055.
(Nature London members only)
Join us for an exploration of the Long Point area. We depart London at 6:45 a.m. sharp (coach bus) and return by 5:00 p.m. The itinerary includes Backus Woods, Long Point Basin Land Trust’s magnificent Jackson Gunn old growth forest property, and a variety of ecological restoration sites of varying ages. Lunch, in the community hall in Walsingham, is included. The cost is $50 per person (lunch included).
Among our guides that day will be Peter Carson and Mary Gartshore, two of the province’s leading naturalists and restoration ecologists. Kristyn Richardson, LPBLT Projects Manager, and Adam Timpf, Board member and contract biologist, will also be joining us.
To register, either:
- Complete the on-line registration form (preferred method),
- Print and complete the printable registration form, or
- Call Judy Coates at 519-377-7055.
- This trip is for Nature London members only.
- The bus is a highway coach with washroom facilities (company is Badder Bus).
- Seating is not preassigned.
- Seats are limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The cost is $50 per seat which includes a soup and sandwich lunch with dessert and tea / coffee.
- Washroom facilities will be available in the hall.
- Reservations are not confirmed until payment has been received in full.
- Payments must be received by Wednesday, September 12. (Payments by mail should be sent no later than September 7)
- Registrations may be made by phone (519.377.7055) or online via the Nature London website.
- Payment may be made by cheque or online via Paypal. If registering by phone, please mail a cheque. Please do not send cash in the mail.
- The gratuity for the bus driver is included in the registration fee.
- Payments are NON-refundable unless the bus is cancelled due to insufficient numbers.
- The trip will run rain or shine.
- All participants must complete / sign the club’s trip waiver sheet prior to departure.
- Please arrive at the departure point by 6:30 a.m. at the latest (The bus arrives at 6:15 a.m.)
- The coach will be departing promptly at 6:45 a.m. from the former Sears store parking lot of the Westmount Shopping Centre. Out of courtesy to all attendees, we regret that we cannot wait for those arriving late.
- The bus will depart for London at approximately 3:30 p.m. We expect to return to Westmount by 5:00 p.m.
- Please dress for the weather conditions that day. Layers are advised.
- Sun screen and insect repellent are advised.
- Ticks are present in the Long Point region. Click on the following link for further information: https://www.ontario.ca/page/lyme-disease.
- Enjoy a wonderful outing!