- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
(Members Only) Chimney Swift Outing
Sunday, May 29 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Join a walking tour of part of the historic Woodfield District. Expect to see Chimney Swifts, recently returned from South America, chasing and chattering overhead and occasionally popping into a chimney. The tour will highlight a number of neighbourhood chimneys used by swifts. Learn about feeding, nesting, and roosting habits of this iconic species at risk, why it is in trouble and how you can help.
Directions: Meet in front of First-St. Andrew’s United Church, 350 Queens Ave (northeast corner of Waterloo St). Free on-street parking is available. This outing takes place mainly on sidewalks and is suitable for wheelchairs.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.