- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Fall Hike Around Beaver Pond @ Westminster Ponds
Monday, October 10, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Hike the trails off the beaten path at Westminster Ponds around the little known “Beaver Pond”, as it’s known locally. Potential sightings around the pond include the resident beaver, White-tailed Deer, Green Heron, Great Blue Heron, mergansers, sandpipers, and many songbirds and if we’re lucky, a snake or two! The trail is fairly even and we will continue along it through the overgrown field. Binoculars and a camera, along with hiking footwear are encouraged. The trail doesn’t get particularly muddy but may be wet with a recent rain.
Directions: The trail opening is discreetly located along Commissioners Road East, on the south side, just west of the railroad tracks (west of Adelaide Street). Room for parking is limited so carpooling might be wise or overflow spaces might be found in Tim Horton’s parking lot. See the inserted map (click to see a larger image) where the parking lot location is circled. Please meet in the parking lot to begin the hike at 9 AM.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.