- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
(Members Only) London Osprey Talk
Saturday, July 9 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
The pesticide DDT virtually eliminated the Ospreys of the Thames in the 1950s, but conservation action has restored this marvelous bird to our city. By mid-July, the young birds will be ready to leave the nest within a few weeks. There will be opportunities to observe an active nest and use your camera, binoculars or spotting scope to view an Osprey family. We will share Osprey information including, migration, food and their special adaptations and habits.
Footing will be firm and level and the walking distances short.
Directions: Meet the leaders in the south end of the parking lot for the North London Soccer Fields, next to the Thames River. The entrance to the parking lot is south off Windermere Rd, just west of Adelaide St.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.