- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must be register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Mammal Adaptations for the Autumn
Tuesday, October 19 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED. YOU MUST PREREGISTER, BRING A MASK AND HAND SANITIZER.
This hike will focus on changes that are taking place in the fall for wildlife, including the rut season for White-tailed Deer. We will be looking for mammals or signs of those mammals which live in this forest habitat along the Thames River. The first part of the trail is paved but narrows to a dirt trail with some hills to navigate so you’re welcome to bring trekking poles. The hike length will be about 5.5 km. If you’d like some background about deer adaptations before our hike, please take a look at one of my YouTube videos on the Channel called Hiking With Kathleen by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rOSO5Sdq4.
Directions: Take Oxford Street West, then head north onto Kains Rd., then left on Westdel Bourne. At the corner of Kains Road and Westdel Bourne there is roadside parking on Westdel Bourne..
Coming from south London, take Commissioners Road West. It crosses Oxford Street West at traffic lights. Go through the lights and now you are on Kains Road (Commissioners Road West turns into Kains Road). Follow Kains Road around to Westdel Bourne, turn left and there is roadside parking on Westdel Bourne.
We will meet at the trail entrance which is marked with a sign.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.