- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Nature walk in MeadowWoods Nature Reserve
Sunday, May 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
This spring hike will include visits to regenerating and mature Carolinian ravine woodland, wildlife ponds, and meadows near Lake Erie. We’ll look for resident and migrant birds, insects, spring wildflowers, ferns, reptiles, and amphibians. We’ll discuss the challenges of restoring natural habit. Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts as we may encounter ticks and mosquitoes. Bring binoculars, sturdy and waterproof footwear, a bottle of water, and sunblock.
Directions: MeadowWoods Nature Reserve is situated south of Rodney in West Elgin, 500 metres from the Lake Erie bluffs. It lies at the northeast corner of the intersection of Gray Line and Black’s Road. The entrance is opposite the Leisure Heights trailer park at #21071 Gray Line. From London, take either Hwy 401 west to Rodney (Exit 129, Cty Road 103) and continue on to New Glasgow, or Talbot Line (Hwy 3) west to New Glasgow. From New Glasgow, go 2 km west on Talbot Line and turn left onto McColl Road. Turn right onto Gray Line at Hickory Grove Trailer Park, and drive about 1 km to the entrance to MeadowWoods. Park along Gray Line near the signed entrance.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.