- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Prairie Plants and Other Plants of Kelly Stanton ESA
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Explore the unique prairie and other habitats within Kelly Stanton ESA. This relatively new ESA is located between two railway tracks in northwest London (off Hyde Park Road). It is home to a rare remnant tallgrass prairie as well as younger wooded areas and wetlands. We’ll explore the plants that grow here and watch for birds that use the open habitat. We will walk through some tall grasses so long pants are advised. The trail is relatively flat but not wide and there is a small stream to cross. We will also check out the stormwater pond near the meeting spot for birds and aquatic plants.
Directions: Meet at Canterbury Park at 99 Prince of Wales Gate. From Hyde Park Road, south of Gainsborough Rd and north of the CP Rail underpass, turn west on South Carriage Road. Go one block and turn left (south) on Prince of Wales Gate. Park on the circle at the end of the street by the playground.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.