- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Spring Hike to find Signs of Mammal Behaviour
Sunday, May 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
On this hike, we will focus on mammal sightings and behaviour but other wildlife sightings are welcome. Springtime is the season when mammals are busy raising their young. Sometimes they are difficult to find but they leave plenty of signs of where they’ve been. Bring your binoculars and cameras (if you wish) to enjoy this beautiful private property in Melbourne where we will follow mammal (game) trails that they have created. The sloped terrain is rated moderate to difficult to navigate so trekking poles will be an asset. Muddy conditions are expected so rubber boots would be advised.
About the property: 17 acres, about half of which is wooded, ravine and/or along the creek (about 2000 ft creek frontage)
Directions: The property name is Blue Oaks @ 5837 Gentleman Drive, Melbourne, ON, N0L 1T0. It may be found by using this GoogleMaps link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/5837+Gentleman+Dr/%4042.7668278%2c-81.5454267%2c575m/data=%213m1%211e3%214m6%213m5%211s0x882fac92dae4059f:0xc1d9f388bc810ca%214b1%218m2%213d42.7663694%214d-81.5465062
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.