- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Virtual Meeting – Birds of the Gambia and Senegal
Friday, February 26 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
(NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY)
- Register for the meeting using the same name and email address associated with your membership.
- Only register once.
- Connect to the virtual meeting using the full name used to register to ensure that you will be granted entry. If you have previously used Zoom and used a nickname or unrecognizable name, please see this guide on how to change it: https://teaching.nmc.edu/knowledgebase/changing-your-name-in-a-zoom-meeting/.
- Note that the cut-off for registration is noon the day of the event.
Locked together in an eternal grip on Africa’s west coast, the unassuming nations of The Gambia and Senegal are located in a transition zone between the dry north and the humid south and host a wonderful array of bird life. Justin Peter has visited this region multiple times and will share his insights on the bird life he has gone to pursue, and the natural history he discovered once he got there and began exploring.
Justin is a well-known birder and lifelong naturalist who regularly leads walks and give talks. He is former Senior Park Naturalist at Algonquin Park and is now Director of Quest Nature Tours, Canada’s longest-serving natural history tour company. He loves exploring new areas and creating new learning opportunities.