- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
(Members Only) Virtual Meeting – Restoring the American Chestnut in Ontario
Friday, June 18 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
(NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY)
- Register for the meeting using the same name and email address associated with your membership.
- Only register once.
- Connect to the virtual meeting using the full name used to register to ensure that you will be granted entry. If you have previously used Zoom and used a nickname or unrecognizable name, please see this guide on how to change it: https://teaching.nmc.edu/knowledgebase/changing-your-name-in-a-zoom-meeting/.
- Note that the cut-off for registration is noon the day of the event.
Ron Casier has been involved with the Canadian Chestnut Council for the past twelve years and has been chair for eight years. He is restoring approximately twenty-acre woodlot on his farm for habitat to support Carolinian wildlife and to encourage endangered species. This includes a one-acre research plot for the breeding of blight resistant American Chestnut. He is also a director on the Elgin Stewardship Council and is responsible for the Aylmer Wildlife Management Area. Ron is a retired secondary school science teacher of 31 years and is the Coordinator for the South West Region Envirothon. He volunteers with numerous other environmental groups.