- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Virtual Meeting – Wild Pigs in Southwestern Ontario
Friday, September 16, 2022 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
(NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY)
- Register for the meeting using the same name and email address associated with your membership.
- Only register once.
- Connect to the virtual meeting using the full name used to register to ensure that you will be granted entry. If you have previously used Zoom and used a nickname or unrecognizable name, please see this guide on how to change it: https://teaching.nmc.edu/knowledgebase/changing-your-name-in-a-zoom-meeting/.
- Note that the cut-off for registration is noon the day of the event.
In Canada and the United States, wild pigs – an invasive species – are a serious environmental and agricultural problem, and have been called “ecological train wrecks.” In particular, animals have become a real nuisance in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario in recent months. Ryan Johnstone from the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forests (MRNND) will bring us up to date on this disturbing development.