- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Winter Hike at Pinery Provincial Park
Wednesday, January 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Meet at Pinery Main Gate on Hwy 21 to enjoy the most interesting place (to me) along Lake Huron. We’ll hike along the Ausable River which will be largely frozen, to see interesting winter residents that live there.
Currently the Park charges $18/vehicle for a day pass. Arrive at Pinery Main Gate (directions below) and it is there where people can arrange to drive in with others to share the cost of the Park pass. Once inside the Park, we’ll head to a trail. The Visitor Centre will be closed but there are comfort stations (washrooms) that are open. Bring your lunch, binoculars, camera and trekking poles. If there’s snow in London at this time, there will be more snow at Pinery.
A confirmation email will be sent out to those who plan to attend, the day before the hike to provide an update on conditions to help you prepare.
Directions: From London, Take Hwy 22 west to Lobo and head northwest (turn right) onto Nairn Road (County Rd 17). At Hwy 81, there’s a stop sign. Turn right to the next stop sign. That’s Hwy 7. Turn left (east) towards Sarnia. Upon arriving in Parkhill (you’ll pass a Tim Horton’s near the intersection, head north (turn right) onto Hwy 81 through Parkhill. Continue until you reach the second sign for County Road 5 (Greenway Road) and turn left. This will take you to Hwy 21. Once at 21, turn left for a short drive to Pinery Main Gate. Park at the Main Gate. 9526 Lakeshore Rd, Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.