- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Microplastics: Humankind’s Lasting Environmental Footprint?
Friday, January 24 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Dr. Patricia Corcoran is currently Associate Professor and Department Chair of the Department of Earth Sciences at Western University where she has been since January 2003. Dr. Corcoran will be speaking about her research on the distribution and deposition of microplastics in the lowest sediment level of Lake Huron. One significant element of her research concerns the distribution, accumulation and degradation of plastic debris in shoreline and near-shore benthic sediments of lakes, rivers and oceans. Dr. Corcoran and her research group are investigating the potential for this plastic debris to become part of the future rock record, thereby representing a symbol of humankind’s global effect on Earth’s environment.