- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Protecting Birds from Collisions with Glass
Friday, November 29, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Brendon Samuels, a PhD student in the Biology Department at Western University, studies how to
prevent birds from flying into windows. Brendon will review several aspects of this conservation issue, discussing best practices for preventing collisions (including some DIY ideas!), how to help a bird that has been injured by a collision, the role of citizen science in improving awareness of collisions, and recent actions taken by the City of London to protect migratory birds. Brendon will tell us about his ongoing research into how the vision and behaviour of birds influences their ability to detect and avoid glass.