- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Migration Festival – Cavendish Woods
Saturday, May 7 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Open to the Public.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Walk the Cavendish Riverside Trail along the Thames river. This is an underappreciated park that attracts a wide variety of migrating birds as they follow the river north. The trail may have muddy and slippery sections in spring, wear appropriate footwear. Bring binoculars or a camera. Sponsored by Bird Friendly London and Nature London.
Directions: From north London – Go south on Wharncliffe Rd. to Wyatt St., 1 block past Riverside Dr. Turn right onto Wyatt St. and then immediately left onto Cavendish Crescent.
From south London – turn left (west) off Wharncliffe Rd. onto Wyatt St., which is the first street north of the river (bridge). Turn left immediately onto Cavendish Crescent.
There is an opening after the 4th house on the left. We will meet at the opening between 72 and 76 Cavendish Crescent.
Street parking is available on Cavendish Crescent – look for the signs and do not block driveways.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.