- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Migration Festival – In Search of Chimney Swifts
Friday, May 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Open to the Public.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
Chimney Swifts, tiny swallow-like birds that nest inside chimneys, return to London in early May. Join a leisurely walk to view a number of chimneys used by swifts for nesting. With luck, we’ll see some newly arrived swifts, exuberantly chasing and chattering overhead, and maybe even diving into chimneys. This event is wheelchair friendly. Sponsored by Bird Friendly London and Nature London.
Directions: Meet by the swift sign on the front lawn of First-St. Andrew’s United Church, 350 Queens Ave (northeast corner of Waterloo St). Metered parking is available on nearby streets.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.