- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Migration Festival – Medway Valley
Saturday, May 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Open to the Public.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
We will hike through the wildflowers and deciduous trees by Snake Creek in the Medway Valley Heritage Forest ESA, looking and listening for warblers and other spring migrants. Our access point will be by the Museum of Ontario Archaeology on Attawandaron Rd. The trails will be very muddy in places. Wear rubber boots (or similar footwear.) There are also hills and large rocks to deal with. Bring binoculars and/or a camera. Immediately following the hike there will be an opportunity to join in some other Festival activities at the Museum. Sponsored by Bird Friendly London and Nature London.
Directions: Directions: Drive north on Wonderland Rd. 1 km north of Gainsborough Rd, then turn right (east) at Attawandaron Gate, then right again (south) onto Attawandaron Rd. toward the Museum of Ontario Archaeology. (Note: You cannot turn east onto Attawandaron Gate if travelling south on Wonderland.) The Hike Leader will be on the north side of the main Museum building. (1600 Attawandaron Rd)
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.