- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Migration Festival – Westminster Ponds for New Birders
Sunday, May 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Open to the Public.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
A hike for new birders: You’ve read about how there was a great uptick in bird watching through the first two years of the pandemic. This is your chance to find out for yourself why birds and nature are so grand. You will learn about the six keys to bird identification, and will then use these tools to identify waterfowl species, woodpeckers, raptors, warblers, and other migrating songbirds. Parts of the trails at Westminster Ponds are very muddy in early May, so wear rubber boots (or similar footwear.) If you have binoculars or a camera, bring them along. Sponsored by Bird Friendly London and Nature London.
Directions: From Wellington and Commissioners, travel east on Commissioners to the next traffic signal (Western Counties Road). Turn right (south) on Western Counties Road. Stay on Western Counties Road to the top of the ridge by the former guard house (Do NOT take the turn to Parkwood Hospital). At the top of the ridge, turn left, where you will see the large, boarded-up Wellington Building. There is lots of space for parking in this area. We will meet near the Wellington building.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.