- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Some events may require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Migration Festival – Westminster Ponds
Sunday, May 8 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Open to the Public.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
On this morning hike we will focus on finding colourful wood warblers and other spring migrants, as well as some of the resident woodpeckers and raptors. This will be a prime migration weekend. We will walk the trails which will definitely include some very muddy sections. Wear rubber boots (or similar footwear.) Bring binoculars and/or a camera. Sponsored by Bird Friendly London and Nature London.
Directions: From Wellington and Commissioners, travel east on Commissioners to the next traffic signal (Western Counties Road). Turn right (south) on Western Counties Road. Stay on Western Counties Road to the top of the ridge by the former guard house (Do NOT take the turn to Parkwood Hospital). At the top of the ridge, turn left, where you will see the large, boarded-up Wellington Building. There is lots of space for parking in this area. We will meet near the Wellington building.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.