- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Past Events › Birding Wing
Events Search and Views Navigation
When asked this question, Ric and Sandy Symmes usually choose the Osprey. Over 30 years, they’ve followed the return of Osprey to the eastern shores of Georgian Bay, and more recently, the species’ successful expansion in London. You may be surprised to learn that there is an Osprey family nesting near you! Ric and Sandy will share stories and images that describe the life and times of Osprey and why they admire this exceptional intercontinental traveller.Find out more »
James Cowie, Director of Photo Tour Trekkers, joins us to talk about the Galapagos Islands, one of the destinations to which he leads tours. In his words, “The birds of the Galapagos are amazing, from the high food chain Galapagos Hawk to the Short-eared Owl, Penguin, and Red-footed Booby – they all have a story.”Find out more »
Pete Read, Nature London member and founder of the club’s Birding Wing, a retired teacher, and now, a trip leader with Quest, will take us on a virtual adventure to explore Antarctica, the coldest continent. Pete will talk about avian life above and on the Confluence Cone, the islands, and the peninsula of these remote and southern-most lands.Find out more »
Paul Roedding is an avid birder and nature photographer residing in London, Ontario. Paul's images appear in major publications including Bird Watching Daily, Bird Watcher's Digest, Maclean's, and National Geographic. Paul enjoys photographing all types of nature, but his true passion is birds. The challenge of photographing birds in their natural environment is something Paul relishes. He will share some images he has taken in several locations near London.Find out more »