- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Past Events › Birding Wing
Events Search and Views Navigation
Brendon Samuels, a PhD student in the Biology Department at Western University, studies how to prevent birds from flying into windows. Brendon will review several aspects of this conservation issue, discussing best practices for preventing collisions (including some DIY ideas!), how to help a bird that has been injured by a collision, the role of citizen science in improving awareness of collisions, and recent actions taken by the City of London to protect migratory birds. Brendon will tell us about…Find out more »
Cyril Crocker has been banding hawks and eagles at Hawk Cliff since 1986 and is the current coordinator of the Hawk Cliff Raptor Banders, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Cyril is also a member of the St. Thomas Field Naturalists, Bird Studies Canada, and the Ontario Bird Banders Association. As a passionate bird bander, Cyril will share the importance of banding to scientific research on raptors and particularly to those species in decline and those still recovering from near…Find out more »