- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at email@example.com.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Upcoming Events › Community
Events Search and Views Navigation
New and veteran participants are welcome. Our annual Christmas Bird Count (CBC) will be held Saturday, December 15, the first Saturday of the Audubon CBC period (which always starts on December 14 and ends January 5). We have followed the Audubon Count period for the CBC since 1909, the longest continually run CBC in Canada. Our count is an all-day affair, but you don’t have to participate all day, especially if you are busy with various seasonal activities. There should…Find out more »
The 2019 series kicks off with Raeanne Muir, a long-time volunteer with Ducks Unlimited, who will describe the excellent work done by that organization in preserving wetlands, an important environmental asset. Raeanne will also highlight the many species of ducks we can observe in the London area.Find out more »
London’s Thames River, winding throughout the city, has had its ebbs and flows. Upper Thames River Conservation Authority’s General Manager, Ian Wilcox, will describe the health, care, and future opportunities of the Thames.Find out more »
Western University’s Alan MacEachern of the History Department and Jim Staples of the Biology Department will talk about the folklore and fact of groundhogs and other hibernators. Come and find out what makes Wiarton Willie and Punxsutawney Phil tick and hear all about their biology.Find out more »
Astrophotographer Ryan Fraser will return to Nature in the City to take us on a trip to the stars. Ryan will also show us how to capture the experience through photography. Will he manage to “eclipse” the popularity of his last talk? Come and find out!Find out more »