London Environmental Network
LEN’s Vision – London is known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
LEN’s Mission – We build participation, collaboration, and capacity in our community to co- create positive environmental change.
LEN offers its members a suite of resources. These include:
- Shared resources; event tent and tables, Epson projector, a lending library and more.
- Funding support; to offer workshops or volunteer training session through the Signal Boost Initiative.
- Networking events. Green Drinks events, holiday year end party, annual Go Wild Grow Wild Expo (N.B., some of the in-person events have been impacted by Covid restrictions).
- Promotional supports; members are encouraged to post their events on LEN’s monthly e- newsletters and online events calendar, to display brochures at LEN informational booths and events. Members profiles are on LEN’s website.
- Workshops covering topics such as grass roots fundraising, volunteer recruitment and
management and communicating to reach your supporters.
Covid restrictions have had a negative impact on many organizations in terms of the events they have been able to hold. I imagine the fact Nature London hasn’t been able to continue to offer the very popular Nature in the City events has limited our ability to reach potential new members. Now more than ever it is important for Nature London to be part of the London Environmental Network and to utilize its promotional supports. In these troubled times I think it is very important that organizations dedicated to the protection and the improvement of nature and the environment continue to support each other. I remain impressed by the work that LEN does and by the resources, promotional support and workshops it offers its members. I believe being a LEN member provides us with opportunities to keep our members in touch with what is going on in the environmental sector. I recommend that Nature London continues its membership and involvement with LEN.