- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Most events require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Hybrid Meeting – Fossils of Arkona
(NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY) Note that this is a HYBRID meeting with both IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL attendees. Please:
If attending virtually:
Note that the cut-off for registration is noon the day of the event.
Rock Glen Conservation Area and Hungry Hollow Rd are just a few of the sites close to home to explore the world of fossils in the London area.
Dr. Cam Tsujita, Associate Professor of Paleontology Western University, will focus on paleoenvironmental reconstruction and geologic context, and a who’s who of fossils.
Dr. Tsujita will present in person at the Civic Garden Centre for those comfortable attending as well as by Zoom to those wishing to view from home. Meeting type is hybrid.
- Register for the meeting using the same name and email address associated with your membership.
- If attending in-person:
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Masking will be required.
- Each person attending must register separately.
- You are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home ( https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ ) no more than 24 hours before the start of the event. If you are unable to do this or the self-assessment recommends you self-isolate, please refrain from attending the event and unregister at least 12 hours in advance so that someone else can register. For details on now to unregister, please see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- Only register once.
- Connect to the virtual meeting using the full name used to register to ensure that you will be granted entry. If you have previously used Zoom and used a nickname or unrecognizable name, please see this guide on how to change it: https://teaching.nmc.edu/knowledgebase/changing-your-name-in-a-zoom-meeting/.