- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Most events require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Improve Your Birding Skills Hike Series
Wednesday, April 26 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
The best way to sharpen your birding skills is to bird, and the best time to bird is spring migration. This series of hikes will run on Wednesday evenings (Apr. 26, May 3, and May 10) AND on Sunday mornings (April 30, May 7, and May 14) from 8 am to 11 am. Hikes will be held at various locations around London. This hike series is intended for beginning and intermediate birders. Participants will collaborate with the leader to develop the skills on which the excursions will focus. Please note that registrants are expected to be available for the full series of hikes; as the group size is limited, please only sign up if you expect to be able to participate fully. Binoculars, pencil, and a notebook will be useful to bring to each walk. If a hike is rained out, a make-up date will be offered to the group.
Directions: Our first hike will be at Kilally ESA. Meet at the east end of Windermere Road, at the river.
Additional Comments: Photo credit Chris Ellis
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.