- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Most events require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
(Members Only) Trees of Mount Pleasant Cemetery
Wednesday, May 31 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
NATURE LONDON MEMBERS ONLY.
- You are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to complete and pass the Government of Ontario Covid-19 self-assessment at home (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) no more than 24 hours before the start of an event. If you are unable to do this, please advise the event leader and refrain from attending the event.
- You must pre-register.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
London’s Mount Pleasant Cemetery is known for its collection of interesting trees. In the 1870s, William Saunders, founder of Nature London’s precursor organization, helped determine the tree species to be planted in this cemetery. Today, fine specimens of Tulip-tree, Cucumber Magnolia, Osage Orange, and Redbud thrive here. Some of these may be flowering in late May.
Directions: Meet the leaders near the chapel at the south end of the cemetery, 303 Riverside Dr. (between Woodward Ave. and Beaverbrook Ave.). Call 519 472 4864 if more information is needed.
PLEASE NOTE: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. REGISTRATIONS ARE CUT OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT.