- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Most events require advanced registration. Each individual must register separately for outdoor events. Virtual events only require a single registration per household. For assistance, see the Job Aid on Registering and Unregistering for Events.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
- This event has passed.
Spring Species ID Workshop
Saturday, April 29 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join us for a Spring Species Identification workshop on April 29th from 10am to 12pm at Stoney Creek Public Library. This free event, in partnership with London Public Library and Nature London, will refine your ID skills for early spring species of plants and animals and teach you how to use the iNaturalist app. Then, we’ll step outside to practice our skills and participate in the City Nature Challenge. The City Nature Challenge is a global event where people in cities around the world compete to see who can observe and identify the most species of plants and animals in their area. By participating, you’ll not only have fun and learn more about the local ecosystem, but you’ll also be contributing to a global scientific database! Light refreshments will be provided. All ages and experience levels are welcome. So grab your walking shoes, your curiosity, and your sense of adventure, and join us for the City Nature Challenge! Please note, the trails taken on the hike will be weather-dependent, but will likely include unpaved trails that are not accessible by wheelchair. Registration is required on Event Bright – https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/city-nature-challenge-spring-species-id-workshop-tickets-590776998907