Waiver & Release
(This is an online version of the Waiver & Release form that supports registration and electronic signing for outings in the Nature London website’s Events Calendar. It does not include the fields for signing and dating as they appear with the online event. Click here for a printable copy of the Waiver & Release that includes the appropriate fields for signing in person.)
Waiver of Claims and Assumptions of Risk: I acknowledge that the activities of Nature London Inc. (referred to herein as “the Club”) carry with them both inherent and unexpected risks to person and property, including serious bodily injury, and that by participating I am voluntarily assuming and exposing myself to those risks. I affirm that I am aware of the nature of the activities, the physical demands required, and the difficulty associated therewith, and that I am properly equipped and physically able to participate. In consideration for the Club allowing me to participate in its activities, I agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I may have or may in the future have against the Club, its contractors, volunteers, employees and agents (collectively the “Club Personnel”).
- TO RELEASE THE CLUB AND CLUB PERSONNEL, from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expenses that I may suffer or my next-of-kin may suffer as a result of my participation in Club activities, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE or breach of any statutory or other standard of care on the part of the Club or Club Personnel.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CLUB AND CLUB PERSONNEL, from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury sustained by me or any third party resulting from my participation in Club activities, including without limitation, any emergency evacuation of my person.
- This waiver and indemnity shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next-of- kin, executors, administrators, and personal representatives in the event of death or incapacity.
- As an adult, I accept responsibility for any minors in my care.
- I understand that there is an increase in the presence of disease-carrying ticks in the Province of Ontario, and that by attending Club activities outdoors I may be exposed to these ticks. The Club specifically waives any responsibility for any death, disability, injury or discomfort that may arise from exposure to ticks, or any other biological hazards, during the Club’s activities.
- Photographs and video of participants may be taken during the Club’s events, and as such, I hereby (strike out the one that does not apply):
DO NOT GIVE
the Club permission to use my name, a photograph(s), an audio recording(s), or a video recording(s) of me to potentially be included in, but not limited to, publication on internet web sites, social media, printed materials, and any other electronic or print media for the Club’s purposes.
I have read and understood this document (containing two pages) prior to signing and I am aware that by so signing I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS which I, or my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators and personal representatives, may have against the Club or Club Personnel, and am signing it of my own free will.